Vice President for Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities
The vice president for campus planning, infrastructure, and facilities leads the university’s division responsible for the care, maintenance and development of Virginia Tech’s campuses in Blacksburg, Roanoke, and the Greater Washington, D.C., metro area; the university’s research and agricultural facilities located throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia; and the Steger Center for International Scholarship located in Riva San Vitale, Switzerland.
The Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities provides safe, inclusive, accessible, sustainable, mission-centric, partner-focused, and cost-effective spaces that preserve, foster, compliment, and advance Virginia Tech’s distinct senses of place and service.
The division, comprised of more than 500 highly skilled and talented team members, is charged with:
- Analyzing, planning, maintaining, and improving the physical infrastructure to meet the needs of the institution’s programs.
- Enabling the proper management for, and enforcement of, the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC) to ensure that assets are in compliance with the code, related laws, and regulations.
- Championing efforts to provide an inclusive and universally accessible campus environment.
- Championing environmental stewardship and climate action through best-in-class sustainability and energy management programming.
- Developing and implementing a campus master plan that serves as the physical manifestation of the university’s strategic plan.
- Ensuring the continuity of campus aesthetics and the preservation of Virginia Tech's architectural heritage.
- Maintaining buildings, electrical/mechanical systems, utility infrastructure, and campus grounds to provide a reliable, efficient, functional, and beautiful setting.
- Managing strategic and tactical real estate functions.
- Facilitating the university’s space management program and associated processes to allow for informed decision making and space accountability.
- Partnering with local governmental officials to work on issues where the university interfaces with the local governments, particularly in the areas of infrastructure planning and development.
Assistant Vice President for Facilities Operations
* The vice president provides administrative oversight to the university building official who has a direct reporting relationship to the Board of Visitors.
Vice President's Administrative Team
Jon Clark Teglas, MEd
Chief of Staff to the Vice President
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-231-6291
Executive Assistant to the Vice President
email@example.com | 540-231-5530
Lynn Eichhorn, AIA
Director of Contracts
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-231-2379
Mike Vellines, PE
Design and Construction Standards Official
email@example.com | 540-231-7767
Support functions external to division or with shared reporting structure
Information Technology and Data Administration
Bill Abplanalp, MBA, CIA
Director of Information Technology and Data Administration
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-231-4664
Alexa Briehl, MPA
Director of Communications
email@example.com | 540-231-7899
Jim Hillman, MBA
Director of Finance
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-231-0096
Minh-An Pence, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
email@example.com | 540-231-8660
Contact the Division
Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities Division (0529)
Sterrett Facilities Complex
230 Sterrett Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Follow on Twitter