Contribute to the VTCAC Revision Process
Quick Links to Get Involved
Learn about the Revision Process & Watch Subcommittees' Videos
Share Feedback Via Email
Climate change continues to be a defining issue of the 21st century. The Virginia Tech community has an imperative role to play in reducing its environmental impact, educating others, and striving towards a more sustainable future.
Latest Climate Action Commitment revision news: In a virtual environment, collaboration and engagement remain at the heart of Virginia Tech’s Climate Action Commitment revision process
Step 1: Review the VTCAC Revision Efforts Underway
Click on the video below to get a brief overview of the revision process.
Step 2: Learn about the VTCAC Subcommittees' Work through their Lightning Videos
Over the past four months, VTCAC working group subcommittees have been connecting around their focus areas. Click on each subcommittee's quick lightning talk presentation to learn more.
This subcommittee is considering the equity and social justice aspects of Virginia Tech's climate action plan, including the social costs of energy production and waste, and how to aid those most vulnerable to climate change and mitigation.
This subcommittee is reviewing the university's current practices around carbon emissions monitoring to ensure effectiveness.
This subcommittee is exploring renewable energy opportunities including solar, biomass, wind, off-campus renewable energy opportunities at other Virginia Tech properties, and engaging new partnerships around renewable energy.
This subcommittee is reviewing transportation progress and potential emission reductions at the university, including commuting, motor pool, air travel, and other university business travel.
This subcommittee is reviewing progress and opportunities around the university's waste management, recycling, composting, and procurement efforts.
This subcommittee is exploring ways to boost outreach to students, faculty, and staff around sustainability on campus.
This subcommittee is investigating net emissions from Virginia Tech New River Valley land use and agriculture operations not included in the original Climate Action Commitment. The subcommittee is exploring new opportunities for emissions reduction, waste digestion, and composting.
Step 3: Complete the VTCAC Engagement Survey
Thank you for your interest. The VTCAC Engagement Survey is closed.
Step 4: Register for the VTCAC Zoom Convenings, April 22-28
Thank you for your interest. The Zoom convenings took place in April 2020.
- General Session: April 22, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- General Session: April 22, 2002, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Structuring Sustainable Choices: April 23, 2020, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Building Opportunities: April 24, 2020, 9 – 10 a.m.
- Energy Opportunities: April 24, 2020, 10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
- Renewable Energy Opportunities: April 24, 2020, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Climate Justice: April 24, 2020, 2 – 3 p.m.
- Agriculture, Forestry, and Land Use: April 27, 2020, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory: April 27, 2020, 1 – 2 p .m.
- Waste, Recycling, Procurement: April 28, 2020, 9 – 10 a.m.
- Transportation Opportunities: April 28, 2020, 10:15 – 11 a.m.
- General Session: April 28, 2020, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.